Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mileage

Since August 5, 2013, I have walked 335 miles outside.  I use the RunKeeper app to track my exercise.  I have done a few days of elliptical when I have not been able to get outside due to weather.  The elliptical really affects my back so I try to stay away from it as much as I can.  I LOVE to walk outside!  I use that time to listen to podcasts or music.  I will go out if it's cold, warm or misting.  Snow/ice hold me back!  Thankfully, living in Texas, that doesn't happen to often.   

I have discovered that it is very important to buy new shoes occasionally.  It makes a huge difference!  I purchased a new pair on January 20th and feel like I'm walking on a cloud!  I love New Balance shoes.  We have a store close by so that is where I go to purchase my shoes. 

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I just bought my new pair of shoes this week. It's a yearly event for me since I started running. Not a fun way to spend $$$$ but definitely worth it to avoid injury. I, too love the feeling of new shoes!