Monday, February 24, 2014

Burning Boats

This post will make no sense unless you read this story first. 

http://www.andyandrews.com/eblast/051507.html

I highly recommend reading it.  It is powerful!  Very thought provoking.  I am realizing this is so true.  I do not ever want to go back to almost 300 pounds.  EVER!  I have to find ways to remind myself of this and eliminate things from my life that make me think I may go back there.

I am in the process of going through all of the clothes in my closet.  I have decided to get rid of everything that is too big.  In all of the times I have lost weight in the past, I have never taken this step.  I think that fear of failure was always there and I did not want to have to re-purchase those clothes.  Lots of self-doubt.  I'm not saying I don't still struggle with those same feelings but this time, I am trying to work through them. 

I have realized when I see these clothes stacked on the shelf or hanging in my closet, it reminds me that I may need them again someday.  It's kind of like they taunt me.  "Come on, wear me, wear me!"  I do not need that temptation, reminder, taunting, whatever you want to call it.  I need to move forward! 

So far, I have four trash bags stuffed full of clothes.  I posted on Facebook that I was wanting to get rid of them and had someone reply that can use them for a parent who is struggling financially right now.  I am so happy to be able to give them to someone who needs them.  That is an added bonus.

So, good-bye old "friends".  I loved you while I had you but I never want to see you again!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I think it's wonderful that you took this step for yourself and because you did, someone else could be blessed.