Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hello

I have been contemplating starting a blog for awhile now.  It is a little scary and intimidating for me.  I work full time and have 4 kids and a husband.  Will I really find time to blog??  Well, that is why it has taken me so long to "take the plunge".  If I do this, I want to be committed to it.  I tried blogging probably 6 years ago and it went well for a little while and I got too busy to keep up with it.  So, here we go...  attempt number two! 

The main focus of my blog will be tracking my weight loss and sharing my healthy changes.  I started my weight loss journey on July 17, 2013.  As of right now, I have lost 55.2 pounds.  The main way I am losing weight is through the Weight Watchers program.  This time has been a little different for me.  I am really focusing on my food addictions and dealing with my binge eating.  Food has always been a comfort for me.  I like it when I'm sad, happy, celebrating, depressed, bored, working, alone, with friends, ok, I think you get the idea.  Food is one thing I have always been able to count on.  It is always there and it is up to me when/what I eat.  I will get more into all of my food issues in a later post.

The main reason I am starting this blog is for my own accountability.  If I'm putting it out there, I'm committed!  This is a wonderful way for me to journal my journey.  Also, if I can help one other person along their journey, that will just be an added bonus!  :)  I'm sure I will post about my kids from time to time.  They really are the highlight of my life!

Thanks for stopping by! 


5 comments:

Kathryn said...

So proud of you, friend!! Looking forward to reading and cheering you along on this journey.

Kami said...

You are such an encouragement!!! I have been dragging my feet.. But I need to do the same... It is scary to me as I am not even sure what to do.. I am joining a gym next week... but I need to loose 50 Lbs at least.. My body hurts, my joints hurt and I see me walking the way my mom did the year before she died... It scares me.
Thank you for being so open... I would also like to ask what book did you read?? I saw you mention it on facebook... I think maybe that would be good for me too.
Thank you!
Kami

Unknown said...

Congratulations Cherry! I've been on weight watchers for about a year now...lost 85lbs! Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Great job Jason!

Unknown said...

You write, we read. Don't quit!