Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Couple of Recommendations

I have had a couple of people ask me about the book that I read.  It is called Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst.  Here is the amazon link:  http://www.amazon.com/Made-Crave-Satisfying-Deepest-Desire/dp/031029326X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390685592&sr=1-1&keywords=made+to+crave
(I know there is a way to post a picture of the book on here.  Kathy will have to tell me how to do it).  :)  :)

This author is wonderful!  I learned so much about how to control my cravings by asking God to get me through them.  It may seem funny but it worked.  It was exactly what I needed to get me through the first part of my journey.

The next thing I HIGHLY recommend is this website:

http://www.halfsizeme.com/

I came across it several months ago and for some reason didn't do much with it.  I friended them on Facebook and enjoyed that part of it but that was about it.  About a week ago I decided to give it a further look.  The creator of Half Size Me lost 170 pounds.  After completing this, she started this website.  She has lots of podcasts on there interviewing people that have lost a substantial amount of weight.  It is so inspiring.  They are free podcasts and I listen to them while I walk.  They are each about an hour long.  There are all kinds of topics.  What a great way to get motivated.  There are also weekly meetings that you can join online, forums, blogs, etc.  This part of it costs a monthly fee.  I recommend giving it a look, especially if you need to lose a substantial amount of weight.  There is no set weight loss program.  She did weight watchers but there are lots of people on her site doing different things like Adkins, calorie counting, etc. 

Hope this helps.  I will post books, ideas as I come across them.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As your Mother, I am so proud of you. You are a true example to your parents who also need to make a lifestyle change with food. Love Mom.