Saturday, January 25, 2014

Getting my family on the healthy band wagon!

I have been focusing on myself and my weight loss and healthy eating for 6 months now. It really has been all about me. I am realizing that I need to start focusing on my family and their healthy eating now along with focusing on myself. I'm not really sure how to do that. There have been many meals where they have eaten one thing and I eat what I need to eat. My kids that are still at home are 14 and twins that are almost 12. My family is extremely supportive to me but they continue to eat what they want. We have made some changes such as no diet sodas for the kids and donuts once a week instead of 2-3 times per week. :/

I want my family to be healthy.  I know that my eating habits have been a huge detriment to my kids.  Oh, how I wish I could go back 20 years and do things differently.  Don't we all??  Last summer, we enjoyed going to the middle school track as a family and we would either walk or run.  It was so good for all of us and it was fun to see the kids being active.  Hopefully, once daylight savings time returns and it warms up a little, we can get back to that.  Right now, there is a lot of sitting in front of the TV.  :(



No comments: