Monday, March 3, 2014

A short term goal for me

I have always wanted to run a 5K.  Last spring, before I started this journey, I walked one.  It was a wonderful feeling to complete.  I was the last one to finish.  Yes, the police car was right behind me.


My friend Meredith (left) and me. 
March 22, 2013

 
 
 
The police car.  :)

 

I don't know why running has always fascinated me.  Maybe because I can get my workout done in half the time.  :)  I have never been a runner so this ought to be interesting.  If you see someone laying on the ground at the park, it's probably me.  LOL! 

I loaded a Couch 2 5K app on my phone.  It is an 8 week training session.  Low and behold, it is exactly 8 weeks after I will begin the training that the school I work at is hosting a 5K.  Hmm, maybe God is pushing me to do this.  I am scared to death!  Like I said, I have never been a runner. 

So, next Monday, I will begin the training.  (We have Spring Break next week so it is the perfect time to start).  All prayers are appreciated.  :)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Woot! Wish I could do it with you! If it's any consolation/encouragement--I *still* walk once in a while during my runs. I have found that I do better if I take time to walk a block or two every so often. I used C25K when I first started and really liked it!