Sunday, April 13, 2014

C25K Update

I completed week 5 yesterday.  Week 5, day 3 is the dreaded day.  Those of you who have used this app know exactly what I am talking about.  Week 5, day 2 goes like this.... walk 5 minutes, run 8 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 8 minutes, walk 5 minutes.  Week 5 day 3 goes like this....  walk 5 minutes, run 20 minutes.  EEK!!!  I was scared to death.  I wanted to do this so badly and not stop!  Well, I did it!!!  I even ran extra after walking for awhile.  I ended up doing 4.57 miles.  I am estimating that I ran 2 1/2 miles of that.  I was so excited when I got done!

I did something different for this run.  I decided to go run the bridge in my town.  We live near a lake.  They have made a walking path across the lake.  It is 2 miles each direction.  Straight, flat, etc.  I have never been on it before.  Not sure why, just haven't.  I decided it might be a good place for my 20 minute run so I headed over there yesterday.  I loved it!  It was beautiful.  I will definitely be going there more frequently.  :)



1 comment:

Kathryn said...

You're so right---it is a scary leap when you get to Week 5 Day 3. But---YOU DID IT!!! YAY!!! Looks like a lovely place to enjoy your exercise--being flat is a nice extra perk. ;)