Monday, May 12, 2014

Binge Eating

I had a realization on Saturday night.  It was one of those moments where I thought to myself, "duh, why haven't you realized this before?!?!"  I realized that I will always deal with the temptation to binge eat.  It is NOT going to go away.  There is no ultimate cure for it.  I do have the opportunity to change how I deal with these temptations.  How I handle these times is what matters most.  Do I allow myself to binge eat or do I "fight through it"? 

I had a sense of peace after realizing this.  Lately, when I have had feelings of wanting to binge eat, it makes me feel like a failure.  It's as though all of my hard work in the past 10 months has been for nothing.  I sure do wish there was a magic cure but I am ready to fight this lifelong battle!!

No comments: