Friday, May 2, 2014

Hungry!

I have been so hungry this week!  It seems like no matter what I eat, I'm still hungry.  I have tried to be healthy.  I have combined carbs and protein, eaten fruits and veggies, etc. but I'm STILL hungry!  I am excited that I haven't allowed myself to binge.  Normally, when I go through this, I end up eating everything in sight but I have not done that. 

So, just now, I ate probably 12 points worth of cereal.  Yes, cereal!!  It was what sounded good.  I don't eat cereal very often so when I crave it, I try to allow myself a splurge.  (I usually don't splurge to the tune of 12 points).  Today, I decided that I would rather eat "too much" cereal than something else that I really don't want.  I know how the cycle goes.  I eat something that I really don't want but that may be a healthier choice.  I'm still not satisfied.  I try again....eat something that I really don't want but that may be a healthier choice, etc.  About 3 hours later, I end up binging on cereal (which is what I really wanted in the first place).  Now, instead of having to only count the 12 points for the cereal, I have to count the numerous points for the food that I was trying to satisfy the craving with.  I'm learning!  It's not always easy, but I'm learning!

No comments: